Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Box Full of Dreams

There is a small yet bottomless box
hidden deep within my heart
tucked away in the shadowy folds
Yet if you manage to break the many locks
you will find when you look from the start
the ethereal dreams the wistful and lovely box holds.

Just a little poetic start to today's post. My sister and I used to string together little expressions such as "box full of dreams" among others and crack jokes about them and probably other things going on in our lives. Too hard to explain... Guess you had to be there.

Anyway, desires and dreams surge and fade, come and go through time. I'm finding that some desires of mine return repeatedly, and I find this to be comforting (I think it makes me feel like, "Hey, I'm really not flaky"). So let me just share a few of the recurring dreams:

1. To dance - to be well-conditioned and fit, to be versatile and creative, and to be in a dance group that performs (yeah!)

2. To travel - I want Europe! Nowhere else really... at least not right now.

3. To write - poems and short stories (short stories are tough for me)

4. To make accessories - mmhmm

What I'm working on now: Dancing and writing! I'd started making earrings in April, but I've put my materials in storage and don't really have $$$$$ to spare for crafts. (But, oh, how I love them!) Travel... That's more or less on hold until I have regular income and/or a job that travels.

... What's in your box of dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment