Hello my beloved readers,
Sorry about what seems to me to have been such a long absence from blogging, but I am back on the hot seat (and so glad to be here)!
I've missed blogging, but haven't gotten anything down because sometimes I have so many ideas about what to blog, can't decide, and so choose not to blog at all! That has to change! Well, this season in my life is drawing to a close. (The season that I speak of is one of unemployment and all that it entails). I just feel that the end is near. That being said, the days are getting more difficult at the end.
However, in reflecting on this challenging time in my life and endeavoring to stay in faith and maintain my praise (because regardless the Lord is always worthy of it), I've come to the conclusion that this is my assignment. At home in Charlotte, with my mother and my sister (and my brothers earlier this summer), with no job but plenty of things to do and relationships to grow in and improve on... That is my assignment. For much of the summer, my mindset has been one of doing my due diligence (in terms of seeking employment), enjoying myself (and spending a lil money while doing it), and expecting the end (I expected that to be the month of August lol). Now my mindset has changed more to focus on the purpose of this season, and this is why I feel like I'm in a season within a season. This mini-season began when my patience began to run out! Haha! So over the past few weeks, I've been more purposeful about my daily confession of faith (Thank God for friends who remind us!) and much more intentional about my praise! I'm beginning to develop more of a heart to praise and worship the Lord in song and dance. Here is a phrase that has been resounding in my spirit, "Unleash the praise!" So in public or in private, I've been taking the restraints off of my praise and really going at it because the Lord is most worthy!
Anyway, the point of this post is to share my understanding that in life it feels like we have pit stops in between our desired destinations... Those aren't pit stops! You are in that place of transition or stillness for a reason! Something else that has been recurring in my spirit is the phrase, "Where purpose is unknown, defeat is inevitable." Paraphrase for me: If you don't know the purpose of the season, you may not fulfill that purpose, AND THE SEASON MAY NEVER END!!! Just kidding, I'm exaggerating about the neverending season, but I am SURE that's how the Israelites felt in the wildnerness for 40 years for a trip that would've taken the tiniest fraction of that. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, you are on assignment. Just stay in tune with the Holy Spirit, even if you can't put you finger on the exact reason for a season. Didn't mean to rhyme... I just got it like that! lol Anywho, I see God teaching me things and developing things in me in this season that I was really unwilling to develop when I was found in a similar place (at home during the summer) in previous years. Ha! Would you look at that??? Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200. In some ways, this is a repeat (although I've not been a graduate looking for a job before). Well, once this time is over, out of this season and on to the next! I do not plan on coming back to this point! Enough of my chatter, friends.
Know the season. Focus on the season.
I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment