Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blessings in the Waiting

Ok, so I feel like complaining. I feel like moping. I feel whining. But I MUST stay encouraged sooooo I'm going to list some things that have really blessed me during this time of waiting!

Here we go:

1. Having a gospel station! Greensboro/Winston do not have FM gospel stations, and as much as I enjoy Christian contemporary music, I gotta have my gospel on a fairly regular basis! So Praise 100.9 FM in Charlotte has really blessed me. And CoCo Brother (radio DJ/host) is awesome!!! "CoCo Brother! Jesus, baby!" That's his tagline. :)

2. Becoming a good cook! I have become the resident chef in my house, and I sorta love it. It's kinda cool to have the responsibility, and my mom and sister come home more or less knowing that they don't have to fix anything for dinner. This is great for my mom since she's been cooking all her life, and also because of the fibromyalgia and back issues that cause her to experience a lot of pain and fatigue (BUT I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT SHE IS HEALED IN THE NAME OF JESUS!). My sister Jessica just got lucky! lol Seriously, it's been a long time coming. I've been needing to develop this skill because I can't have my [future] husband and children starving. Holler at the wifeliness! lol Yep, I just made that I up, but for real though, I gotta be prepared when the glorious time comes. (Let me stop before I start calling out the characteristics that I want in a husband! Hahaha! Yall gon' have me get carried away! rofl)

3. Rejoicing and sharing in others' blessings! I've been able to see my sister get blessed. She got into grad school, and it was after the deadline had passed! God is faithful. I really love to rejoice in the awesome things that happen in others' lives!!! If you're happy, I'm happy! :) People have gotten engaged and married, and I have been able to share in that. It gives me great joy! I'm so blessed to be surrounded by the blessings of God!!! Friends have gotten jobs! Praise God!! One friend got the very job that I told her to apply for. She didn't want to because she didn't think she was qualified. I told her that she probably wasn't qualified (lol), but she should apply for it anyway. (I mean, you never know, right?) Just blessing on top of blessing!

4. Spending time with wonderful friends! If you know me, you might know that I love to be in the presence of the people I love. So just being able to stop by Tam's house when she's cooking, hang out with her and Cassiel is like the Stuff of Life to me!!! Being that I have to stay with someone when I come to Winston, there's ample opportunity. Whether I'm sleeping over and having girl time (aka cookie time) with Steph or kicking it with Carly and Britt or chilling with Mrs. Terri McGuire (yep) or passing time between temporary residences watching movies with Amber Tate (thanks), I am in my element. Or even roadtripping with Delvon Worthy (Does 3.5 hours count as a roadtrip? I think yes, when there are laughs and conversation and faith-building and good music and even worship time!). And I can't forget cutting up with Keon and Aaron! Oh yeah, kicking it at the Wake game with Alana! ;) Oh yes! Folks, thanks for sharing your life and resources with me!

5. The outpouring of wisdom, prayers, encouragement, support, and job postings! Lovely friends who have spoken words that cause me to lift up my head, thank you! I need you! I really do. For the facebook chat prayers, the Scriptures, the empathy, the exhortation and encouragement, and the hugs! And thanks to those who've sent me job postings or referred me to websites or whatever!

6. Cutting a straight fool with my sister Jessica! You guys just don't know! Enough said.

7. Reading good books! Right now, I'm reading The Fourth Dimension by Dr. Paul Yonggi Cho. Sidenote: I got this book off Ebay for 99 cents + shipping, and I'm pretty sure I got the 2nd copy ever printed. (It was published in 1979). You get what you pay for lol. Yall should see the cover of this thing, but the content is the same!  Other books include Wild at Heart by John Eldredge; Sassy, Single & Satisfied by Michelle McKinney Hammond; and The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. I'm working on some others.

8. Dance! Dancing in praise and worship! Having time to get the creative juices flowing to do some choreography! Taking classes! :)

I think I've mentioned enough. I know this is an extra long post, but I hope you read to the end. Maybe you got an honorable mention somewhere in here! lol I also want to say that my attitude has really turned around since I started writing this post! So if you're feeling down, take a moment or 30 to stop and focus on the blessings around you. Give God the praise for them and show appreciation to those who love you.

I love you all! Back to the cover letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment