I am fabulous because the Lord is faithful. The Holy Spirit inspired me to just deal with the curse of poverty and barely making it. So I spoke out loud and renounced financial problems and financial irresponsibility (Yooooo!). I said that I would use wisdom to make financially sound decisions, even if that meant putting the shoes back!
Having confessed those things last Saturday morning, it's rather funny that I found myself in the mall that afternoon... And I just happened to walk into a shoe store with my litte brothers... And I just happened to try these really pretty multicolor (I love colors), cage-like (LOVE) wedges on... Haha. So I've found (okay placed) myself in a dilemma because the shoe is on the foot, and it costs $40. (Please keep in mind that I am not working. HEY, BUT I'VE GOT THE JOB IN THE NAME OF JESUS. But yeah, there's no cash inflow right now.) Because the store was closing, my 9 year old brother was telling me that I'd never be able to get them again. My spirit was telling me that that also meant that I'd never be able to get that $40 either! Yeah! So I pulled it together (yes, even with Micah saying, "Just get the shoes, Gavri. Do it for me." lol) and walked out of there empty-handed with those $40 dollars still in my bank account.
2 Days Later:
On Monday morning (the morning that my sis and I were leaving MD to return home), my dad said that he wanted to take us this shoe store. Thought process: Daddy... wants to take me to a shoe store... he has money... I want shoes... Hmmm, this could mean something good for us all!! (Okay, not totally like that, but you get the idea.)
So he takes us to the store, and I promise you that I told my 11 year old brother Seth that I was in heaven in there trying on beautiful shoes (heels!). Now, I was just talking out the side of my neck because if heaven looks like that shoe store, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. Anywho, the first pair of shoes I tried on had me mesmerized, and I fell in love right then and there. I wouldn't put the shoes down as I roamed the store, but I dared not DREAM that I would be throwing some things in the bag that day, oh no! I put the shoes back (because Jessica told me to), and then some beautiful words floated out of my father's mouth, "If y'all are gonna get something, you better go ahead and get it." Oh, the glory of it all!!! So I walked out of there with some beautiful blue (suede-like)shoes, and they are terribly fabulous. Yes, glamorous! I don't even have anything to wear with them, they're so marvelous!
Now I can't put a picture up because I don't want anyone to see the shoes before I wear them. But didn't I say that I'd be hitting the runway (okay... the aisle at church) or something like that in some fab funky fresh shoes? And I must say the Lord is a rewarder... Yes, of those who diligently seek Him because I was seeking to glorify God in my finances and He blessed me tremendously! He showed me favor indeed, and I can't wait to debut these babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment