Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Don't quit now. You haven't made it just yet.

I heard something similar to that just almost 2 weeks ago. I was at my grandparents' church, the blessed Rose Hill Baptist Church, and that place is one of a few that always feels like home to me. Since I just graduated from WFU with an MA in Management, I only expected my doting Grandma Carolyn to want me to participate in the ASPIRES program to honor graduates who are affiliated with the church. I mean, common sense, right? But deep inside (not that deep) there is a part of me that doesn't like doing programs (I think it's something from childhood)!
Well, I must be growing up because I didn't scream in horror when Grandma asked me to give the remarks to the high school graduates as well. I mean I only hesitated for about half a second, and I said yes, of course. (Anything for Grandma, you know). But I've never spoken to anyone before... about anything! But I prayed and asked the Lord to give me the words to say and put the remarks together the morning of (yep... G-status? I think yes!)

But HEY! I didn't start this post to talk about the little mini-speech/message I gave! I'm writing this post because of what I learned during that service. There I sat in the church, feeling victorious and so grateful for being able to get up there and speak and flow in the Spirit like that! There I sat in the old, familiar pew with my mom just behind me beaming because she's so proud of my accomplishments (and that makes me feel good, makes me proud!). And I listened to the guest pastor deliver 3 points. I don't remember them all (oops), but I do remember one. And so I paraphrase, "Don't quit now. You haven't made it just yet."

What a blessing it is to know that this is only the beginning! What a responsibility it places on my shoulders to press on for more -- for bigger and better things. What a way to remind me that I have not yet attained the prize that I'm pressing towards. A Master's degree doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of God's plan! There is so much life left to live! So much of my divine purpose is yet unfulfilled! (And I'm getting excited as I type!) There IS more. There is.

Just remember... Don't quit now. You haven't made it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment