I really love my brothers! They are so special to me. The 3 of them add something to my life that no one can. Yesterday I spent the day with my 2 youngest brothers, Seth and Micah (ages 11 and 9) after about 6 months of not seeing them at all! They were staying at our grandmother's house, so I went over. A big 5 foot 4 inch boy who slightly resembled the little boy I once knew opened the door... Seth is almost as tall as I am!!! (I've recently realized that I must be about 5'5" and not 5'4" like I always thought.) Anyway, this boy is half my age and nearly the same weight and height as I am. He plays basketball, and he is beginning to come into the "cuteness." By the "cuteness" I mean that he's growing out of the little boy cute and into the legit cute... Like if I were a little middle school girl I would think he's cute, ya know? Ahhhh! Scary! (Don't grow up! And don't make me have to beat a little 6th grade girl down!)
Anyway, Micah, the 9 year old, is only a few inches shorter than Seth and around the same weight. (And his little boy cuteness is still here...thank goodness! How would I look tying up a little 4th grade girl???). M-Dub, as I've taken to calling him recently, came down to greet me and soon shared that he'd broken a chair. lol Good job. Seth made cookies and was super proud. Both of these boys relish the fact that they can pick me up. So do I because soon I will have 2 strong men who can carry me around. So then we head to the library, and I'm feeling great because I've got the coolest cats in town in tow. The feeling is short-lived because I realize that I DON'T have a library card! (Way to go, Gav Gav).
So we went to the movies!! Saw Prince of Persia. Please believe that when we were deciding on a movie I went to the Focus on the Family website because they do movie reviews - very thorough movie reviews. Prince of Persia was a definite winner for 9 and 11 year old boys. Micah came into the movie pouting because he didn't want to see it and came out saying that he had to get the DVD! (Go Gav Gav!) I got them movie snacks too (I pulled out all the stops) and those aren't cheap! Then we went to Bojo's for Seth and Micky D's for Mic, and every one was happily snacking away in the car on our way to Vacation Bible School. We sat in the car for about 15 minutes and talked and ate and laughed. Not long after, their mom showed up to pick them up. I had the time of my life.
There is nothing like the love of a younger brother. I just love them so much. Their love fills me up. It warms. I miss them so much when we're apart (they live with my dad in MD), but when we're together...
No comments:
Post a Comment