Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Few Things I Need

I need the summer
I need the spring
I need all my fancy things
like pretty nail polish
of all idfferent shades
beautiful music
that ferries through these days
danceable rhythms
that I gotta put on repeat
Give me one more good time
so my body can catch that neat beat
It's impossible for me to retreat!


But let me get back on track


I need fresh air
I need new sights
I need tasty foods (Mmmm)
I need glam nights,
nights out on the town
nights spent clowning around
nights with a pencil and inspiration
nights full of His praise and adoration


I gotta have ice cream and my zumba class
Get me some contacts but lemme get some new glasses!
(yellow frames please, makes me mellow and at ease)
Give me facebook and my blog to stay connected to the masses. (lol)
Wait, does anyone even read these???
Hey, regardless of what you do, I still need!


So I need my mom
I need my dad
I need the friends that I have
I need my sisters
I need my brothers
I need my future friends and all the others


I need the warm sun
to infiltrate my skin
and bring some summer color to this rainbow again. :)
I need the Lord's grace
to capture me again
I NEED LOVE
I NEED LOVE
ALL THREE KINDS
I need agape
I mean, what's going to cover my sin?
I need philos
If my friends are up to the task ;)
I do need eros
But that will come in time.




This poem is to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment