Valentine's Day is 2 weeks from tomorrow, and for some reason, something has been reminding me of it for the past few months. Strange, I know. I don't know what it is, but I want this Valentine's Day to be different than the past few that I've celebrated. I'm deliciously single (just felt the urge to use the word "deliciously") and always have been. Yep. Well, maybe not always deliciously single, but always single. I want you to know that I've never been the type to mourn my singleness (ok... maybe once or twice, but never on Valentine's Day!). However, I've never done anything really fun for Valentine's Day before either.
This year, I want to make Valentine's Day super-CELEBRATORY. I just want to celebrate my life because God is bringing me into some wonderful things. I want to celebrate love because it's so wonderful to have seen it and continue to see it come to life in my friends' lives! And I want to celebrate Gavrielle! I've secretly been down on myself too much and for way too long. I'm amazing, and, despite the character flaws that I am growing out of, I deserve to be celebrated. I owe myself (and the world) that.
So I've started to think about what I'm going to do on Valentine's Day (or the weekend of). This is just my silly list! You'll never guess the first thing that came to mind: Do the Cupid Shuffle!!! (It's okay. You can say it. I'm a genius.)
2. Make a heart-shaped cake and maybe heart-shaped cookies.
3. Wear red and look extra SHARP.
4. Have a praise party because I couldn't celebrate anything without the love of Jesus Christ. (Ask about Him.)
5. Wear my red PJs to bed.
6. Make a Valentine's Day collage. (I Love Collages!)
7. My sis says that we should watch He's Just Not That Into You and Valentine's Day, but I told her that that would make us seem (and maybe feel) like young spinsters. Then all we'd need is our little stuffed animals to hug to our chests and feel sorry for ourselves! (Although I do like those movies so maybe we will watch them, just not as young spinsters in the making!)
8. Hopefully send out Valentine's Day cards to my friends and family!
You might think that this list is premature, but it's not.
Happy Valentime's Planning!
(I love it when I hear little kids say "Valentime's" instead of "Valentine's".)
No comments:
Post a Comment