So I am sitting here in my living room using the computer, but there's something peculiar about this picture. I wonder...
Aha! I'm not on Facebook. I haven't used Facebook since last Wednesday, and let me tell you, it is certainly a challenge! The desire to leave Facebook just came on all of a sudden, and I decided that very night that I would leave it alone for 30 days. (Ahhhhhhh!) If you know me well enough, you may know that I can appear to be a bit of a Facebook junkie. Not everything is as it seems (obvi b/c I haven't used facebook in nearly 7 days!).
Because of this interesting turn I've taken in my life, I've decided that I'll blog about what I do with all of the free time, energy, and brainspace that I have now that I'm not pouring down the proverbial commode that is what Facebook became to me in the past few months. :-)
Life without Facebook means:
1. That I use a more practical (and more private) means to express my thoughts about my daily life. I've taken up journaling! That was inspried by my little brother Micah.
2. That I blog more. Now you may wonder, "Why journal and blog?" Well, with all the thoughts that I have in my head, I have need of (okay maybe not need) continual (okay maybe occasional... frequently occasional, we'll say) status updates, entertaining and elaborative blog posts, and detailed journal entries. Hopefully, this FB hiatus means more entertainment for you...?
3. Practically speaking, I've got more time to read my Bible. Speaking of which, I keep running across awesome verses like this one, "But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God. I will always trust in His unfailing love." (Psalm 52:8) "Your wife (THAT WOULD BE ME) will be like a fruitful grapevine, flourishing in your home..." (Psalm 128:3) Yes, I inserted that little extra part in parenthesis. No, I don't mean you. I am talking to YOU. (lol)
4. That I take joy in being busy and being away from my computer! I've been cooking up a storm. (Remember, this is me we're talking about here.)
5. I have no idea what is going in your life! (Hey, give me a call sometime. Text me or something.)
6. If I'm feeling in need of a friend, I either need to pick up the phone and give someone a call OR pick up the Word to give Jesus a call. NOT sketchily peer into others live via FB. (Just saying.)
7. There are a smorgasbord of interesting tidbits about life without FB (okayyyyz, maybe not that many), but we'll get back to your regularly scheduled programs!
Super Side Note: I am officially Official. I made a pound cake, and it was good. Somebody holler atcho girl! Okay, so I don't have the Thanksgiving dinner thing down, but I can hook up the holidays with some desserts! One step at a time. In my mind, it's always best to start with dessert.
Blog Prayer of the Dayyyyy:
Dear Precious Jesus, Help me to keep an attitude of praise. Keep me from eating sweets more than 3 times a week. I don't want diabetes. Perhaps You won't mind advancing my life on some front or another. No, seriously, I want that job! Antyhoo, thanks for everything. <3
Check out Psalm 118. It really lifted my spirits today! (I mean legit.)
No comments:
Post a Comment