Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pursuit...

Hello everyone,

As I've heard so many wise women in my life say, these years of my life are serious years of transition, and I have become very aware of that. Something is constantly changing or in flux in my life. If one thing settles down, something else kicks up. It's an interesting time. It's a blessed time!

Because it would be very easy to make a wrong turn with all these things shifting in my life and within me, I've been seeking the Lord's face and His will about the seasons of my life. What's the purpose of this time, Lord? Who's supposed to be in my life right now? What am I supposed to be getting out of this season? Is the season changing? Lord, lead me and guide as I move from glory to glory. Lord, I desire _____________, but is that supposed to be in my life? Lord, purify my desires. Lots of questions and prayers!

Nowwww, I'm just going to be real and let you guys know that some of these questions do pertain to the season of courtship and marriage. (Ooooo, big shocker!) In my defense, I will say that that is not the only thing I'm praying about! (But it's huge... so why not pray about it now!) A wise friend told me recently that now is the time for me to set the standards that I want male friends and suitors to abide by. As I was praying last night, the words, "The Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard" came to mind. It is time for the standard to be implemented, and the standard of which I speak has to do with PURSUIT. I'm a romantic, and in my mind pursuit is huge. But beyond romance, in relationships in the Bible, I see men pursue their women and it says a lot. I also think it reflects the heart of God, mimicking God's pursuit of His bride the church.

All that being said, I've decided that I won't take anything less than I deserve. And I deserve to be Pursued... with passion. If a man shows an interest in me, I should hope he doesn't expect me to respond right away. I can't be bought with a mere wiggling of the eyebrows or a cocky smirk or even a kind and heartfelt smile. I'ma take it a step further: your pleasant conversation will be enjoyed and taken as nothing more than friendship (I can't read minds, and I won't make a fool out of myself by jumping to conclusions). Sorry! I'm worth wayyyy more than that, and I need any man who thinks he might be eligible to apply for the position of husband to know that. Isaiah 43:4 says, "Others were given in exchange for you, I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you." Those words spoke straight to my heart, and it was as if the Lord in heaven had written that just for me. "Gavrielle, You are honored, and I love you."

Do you know what honored means? From my head, it's defined as highly esteemed, very deserving, thought of highly. I didn't bother to look in the dictionary... maybe I should, but I think you get the picture. If this is the way my Savior Jesus Christ looks at me, then I really expect nothing less from a man. If I am highly esteemed, wouldn't you go out of your way to reach me (like Jesus has done)? Wouldn't you go out of your way to speak to me, desiring that your words penetrate my heart? Wouldn't you keep coming back time after time, doing what needed to be done to make me see that your heart is for me? (Man, this sounds a lot like Jesus. Just saying.) The words from Fantasia's song (from like 2005 or 2006) came to my head while I was thinking about it... "If you don't want me, then don't talk to me"... and the song's meaning is completely different (and it's powerful how music just sticks with you). But what I'm saying is that if a brother wants to holler, come and holler. If you don't, then I'll continue about my life as usual, thinking nothing special of you. (I am not saying that if you are not romantically interested, don't talk to me. NO, that's not what I mean. I love friends! Let's be friends!) But if a man is romantically interested, or thinks that he could be, and he wants to holler, it's not my job to holler at him. I'm changing the song... "If you want me, then come after me!" I'm putting this out there into the universe for me and for other women of God: Don't wait for us to approach you because that's not how God designed us (and it's not how God designed you). Anyway I can be a little shy sometimes. lol So pursue. And pursue. And pursue.

So this is what has been in my head for the last day or so, and I'm excited to have come to the conclusion. I'm excited about where the Lord is taking me and who's going to meet up with me along the way. I hope that brother got his running shoes ready because I don't plan on slowing down to let him catch up until I hear the word of the Lord! As I wait for the one man who will pursue the right way, I will continue to pursue Jesus Christ!

Now that I've addressed Pursuit, I'd like to talk about his homegirl Patience... coming up next blogpost. So stay tuned! :-)

IF YOU WANT ME, COME AND GET ME! (That's for future reference, folks. I ain't crazy!) lol (FYI: Crazies and strangers, I am not talking to you. Don't make me have to call the police!! I got 911 ready. So Hide ya kids and hide ya wife! Now run and tell that! Homeboy!) rofl

Did you enjoy this post? Leave me a comment please. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment