Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Plans, His Purpose... One and the Same?

Many plans are in a girl's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for her that will stand. (Proverbs 19:21)



The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the thoughts of His heart through all generations. (Psalm 33:11)


This is the [Lord's] purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth [regarded as conquered and put under tribute by Assyria]; and this is [His omnipotent] hand that is stretched out over all the nations. For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who can annul it? And His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back? (Isaiah 14:26-27)



Declaring the end and the result from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand and I will do all My pleasure and purpose, (Isaiah 46:10)


But if it is of God, you will not be able to stop or overthrow or destroy them; you might even be found fighting against God! (Acts 5:39)

***********************************************************************************
I ran across these Scriptures while I was doing my reading plan... you know how some Bibles give related Scriptures with certain verses. That's what this is; I was reading Proverbs 19 and came into a wealth of knowledge about PURPOSE! These verses really resounded with me because I am endeavoring to focus on my purpose in Jesus Christ. I really do have a lot of desires and dreams that I could make into plans, but I know that God has a specific purpose (or converging purposes) for me. I want to walk that out so I'm seeking more vision from God! I know I'm not meant to just do anythingIt is wonderful (so very encouraging) to know that the thoughts of the Lord's heart stands through all generations -- my generation too! What the Lord has purposed for me here on this earth canNOT be annulled! Amazing! I don't know much of what He purposed, but because of the Word of God and His faithfulness, I am CONVINCED that it will come to pass. The Lord's hand is stretched out over my life, and NO ONE can turn it back! No one will be able to overthrow or destroy it.

So I'm thinking to myself, "My plans, His purpose...one and the same?"

No comments:

Post a Comment