Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hopeless Romantic

They'd call me Hopeless Romantic
cause my antics had me frantic,
running 'round tripping over my feet.
Time and again I'd fall head over heels.
So I headed for the hills
with my head in the clouds
I couldn't tell what was real,
couldn't really figure me out.
This heart was a contraption,
death trap, if you will.
It'd capture everything in its reach
without Someone there to teach me,
prove to me what's really reality,
Not this fake love dance sucking the life out of me.
I could go down this road
yellow brick, less travelled.
Then find myself worn and old,
heart defeated, soul unraveled.
So I hope in a romance divine
with a Man too kind to turn away.
He's never let go and so now all I can say
is, "I worship You, Lord."

(7/13/09 12:34am)

No comments:

Post a Comment