I've discovered a treasure so rich and so real
A love nearly beyond measure, it holds and heals.
They illuminate the darkened, tear stained
Weakened corners of my heart,
warming and reinforcing
Repairing and refocusing
My eyes to see a light, though small
flashing and bright.
The lights they flutter, dipping in and out of sight,
But when all is black, any light is welcome.
Any light is life.
I cry out to God and He hears me,
Sends me my fireflies,
and laughter at the same time,
joy and pride in the way they shine
lights for my life and for all around
Moment to moment I live, trying to breathe.
Day in and day out, my fireflies are the air
I so desperately need.
They are planting the seed in me
to live and live freely again.
Thanks to you, Magical firefly.
Thanks to you, Solid firefly.
I love you both so much.
Written for, inspired by, and dedicated to My Dearest Baby Brothers (on 12/21/09). I was going through a terribly rough time, like I'd never experienced before, and their love gave me hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment