Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Wanna Play???

So I've come to the conclusion that people use relationships, feelings (for other people), crushes, fantasies, etc. as a form of entertainment. I've done it before! In the past, I've found myself getting bored, and one of the first things that pops into my mind is that I'm not in a relationship or "Oooo, you know what, So-and-So that I just met is kinda cute!" Let's do the holy version: "You know what, Brother So-and-So did stop and speak to me last Sunday. He's never spoken to me before. He just looks so... godly! I hope he sees me worshipping!" *Insert intense worship face here.* Or perhaps I'd begin to ponder a comment someone made to me (and twist into something else!).

It's all to occupy your mind. Hmmm, how productive!  That's when I realized (thanks to You, Holy Ghost) that I have too much time on my hands and a life to live!!! Not some silly little alternate universe to create in my head for entertainment that will only end in chaos! Ephesians 4:22 AMP says, "Strip yourselves of your former nature...[which] becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion." Wow!

Don't play with your emotions; they are not toys! Grow up! (Because this sort of entertainment is a sign of immaturity). Discipline your mind. Guard your heart. And how about this one... Wait for it... Wait for it... Go and have some REAL fun! Live and wait for the Lord to bring you the love relationship that you won't want to play with. So real! I can't wait (but I'ma wait)!

2 comments: