Well, this is my first real blog. The others that came before this post are poems and rhymes. I must say that I am quite excited about doing this, and I really hope to stay consistent. I think I'll shoot for one real blog a week and poems and rhymes will probably come more often. (Just FYI: When I write "rhymes" I'm writing poetry that I've attempted to put to a beat...yes rap. Don't ask questions.)
I think I have realized that I am barely walking in the true essence of me. Everything that I am is in Christ Jesus, and yet there is so much that I still struggle with. I have been supremely disobedient to the voice of the Spirit lately, and it's in the little things. (But it's the little foxes that destroy the vineyard.) I struggle with surrender. I've gladly given up the huge sins and errors in my life to Jesus because, let's just be honest, those can get really messy! Because of that, I've been feeling like I've arrived... parking in my victories, so to speak. Recently, upon hearing an awesome word about taking your relationship with God seriously, I was strongly convicted of just going through the motions (it's so easy to fall into an unthinking ritual) and putting things above Jesus! In pondering these things, I realized that as long as I keep Jesus at an arms distance - close enough to grab onto if I fall, but too far to know His heart and care - this person that I know and that you see isn't the real me. The essence of me is in my surrender to Jesus Christ because He brings out the spirit that is truly me, the very best of me (even what I don't is there!). So I'm on a quest to find the true Gavri by delving into the heart of God. This search isn't really about me; it's about Jesus. I won't stop until I'm consumed with a passion for Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment